Transmission Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akjay907

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my 03 yukon with 65000. Ever since i bought it, I go to take off, RPM's get to shifting point and it seems that the tranny goes to shift but it sticks for a couple seconds, and then "slams" in. Now I shouldnt say slams in, its not loud or over noticeable, but of course im the owner and know when something seems off. So question is, whats the problem?

Like to add that my check engine light turns off and on out of the blue from time to time. Dont know if it is related.

Thank you

STAY UP, STAY STRONG, STAY SAFE

Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to autozone and have them pull codes for you (usually free). If it's truly transmission related you will most likely see a P1870 code. The PCM will illuminate a SEL under certain circumstances with this condition, but not always hold the SEL on.

At first glance i would say there is fluid loss in a circuit, but would like to rule out other problems before going into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attempt22