Trans temp level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious about others trans temp gauge.
I just put a Cadi cluster into my Tahoe and the trans temp never seems to go above the second to last lowest line. I really only drive three or so miles at the most and never go ******* the engine. I figure it won't get much usage only going that far so it really wouldn't heat up much.

Just wanted to see if others with the temp were getting different reading and how far you usually drive before it gets to those temps. Curious if the stepper motor is going bad or if I really need to drive it before it will actually heat up.

Thanks.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need to drive it more for the temperature to get warmer. Mine reads about the same on my 7min drive to work. On the highway it reads about 150-160 without a load.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines always read really low unless I'm towing a trailer, then it hits the halfway mark.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you won't see temps above that line on such a short drive. Mine usually averages 100-150. A little higher if I'm steppin in it to get across town lol.

OP
OP
MrBalll

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. I figured it wouldn't get high from such a short drive be just wanted to check.

Thanks everyone.

mooman

Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I first installed the stepper motor and the overlay. I thought it didn't work because me scooting around the block didn't move it. So I went on a 30 mile cruise and found out it does work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700