Trakmotive 8033xtt extended travel CVs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project_x

Reaction score
Anybody use the trakmotive extended travel CVs axles for our gmt800s...

I'm probably right at the edge of needing extended travel,.but need one replaced, so thought I would see if anyone has used them.

OP
OP
P

project_x

Reaction score
I did. My lift is so mild, rough country keys... not at all cranked, just levelled with 81069 coils in the back, so don't think they were needed....

Reaction score
Did the key kit require spacers? I still think the extended axles were worth it even if you don't have a 6" lift.

OP
OP
P

project_x

Reaction score
Rear spacers? It didn't, I have the keys about in the middle to level with the z71 coils in the rear

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody use the trakmotive extended travel CVs axles for our gmt800s...

I'm probably right at the edge of needing extended travel,.but need one replaced, so thought I would see if anyone has used them.
How was the install? I ordered a set for my 06 yukon. They came in today. Got the old one out on the passenger side (needed to be replaced) and started to get the new one in but ran out of daylight and had to get the kids fed and ready for bed anyway. What little bit I did with the new one, either I didn't have it in good in the hub, or it's going to be a real bear to get it to fit. I'm hoping I just didn't have it in the hub all the way. Anyway, if you don't care, let me know what your experience was. Thanks.

OP
OP
P

project_x

Reaction score
I didn't have any issue. I was doing a few things at once.. so probably replaced the shock at the same time...

Reaction score
How was the install? I ordered a set for my 06 yukon. They came in today. Got the old one out on the passenger side (needed to be replaced) and started to get the new one in but ran out of daylight and had to get the kids fed and ready for bed anyway. What little bit I did with the new one, either I didn't have it in good in the hub, or it's going to be a real bear to get it to fit. I'm hoping I just didn't have it in the hub all the way. Anyway, if you don't care, let me know what your experience was. Thanks.
Whatever happened? Did you complete the install? Did you watch my video...I addressed the way I got mine to fit...it was a bear, but it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401