Trailer Brake Control Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dixonfamily91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy gang, I have a trailer brake control to install. Any suggestions on where to mount it? What has worked for you?

Thanks,
Td

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted ours under the dash near my right leg. Its a bit hard to see the display but close enough to reach if I need to manually engage it. I have to lean forward a bit when I set it to see properly.

cowboyzr2

Reaction score
x2. A lot of customers wanted them mounted on the plastic just below the gauge bezel... But I hated drilling holes in it and also having the ugly wiring running up to it. My preference is running a couple of self-tappers into the metal support at the very bottom and mounting it as far right as you can.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a little bracket and mounted it behind my center console and keeps it low and close to the center which is nice. Just metal that I bent to hold it in place and I pull it out when I don't need it.

nominion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but I figured I'd contribute in case someone else was looking for ideas. I mounted my brake controller in the center console/arm rest of my 2013 Yukon. I assume this would also work for earlier year models too.

IMG_20140418_155256_zps47152cc5.jpg

Bill-H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but I figured I'd contribute in case someone else was looking for ideas. I mounted my brake controller in the center console/arm rest of my 2013 Yukon. I assume this would also work for earlier year models too.

IMG_20140418_155256_zps47152cc5.jpg

PErsonally, i like this option best

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got mine inside the center console on the wall closest to me. Its quick and easy to make an adjustment if needed and I dont have to look at the dang thing the other 99% of times Im not using it. They arent most attractive devices after all.

Screamn03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is how I mounted mine, I like the idea of the center console too, didn't even consider it.

Attachments

• TB.jpg
    TB.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 8

wiltff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its too bad nobody make one that's a remote module to mount under the dash. Maybe with a corded or wireless remote for when you need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo