Touch screen is “off”. Is there a way to reset it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrswilli

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2013 Yukon.

After about 1 week the touch screen has started acting funny.

All the buttons “don’t match up”. For example.. if I push the “iPod” button, it goes to the “rear” button( located 2 spots below the. “ IPOD”button. It does not activate the actual button you push.
I can’t get the “menu” or the “back arrow” in the left hand corner to work at all.

I have to use the non touch screen buttons to use the radio.

I tried to “reset” the touch screen by holding the power button down.. no change.

I can not get to the “home” screen to try to do the factory reset..

Thanks for your help!

Piss Willy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What works for me and it's free. I had the same problem with my 2018 Tahoe. Sometimes the touch screen worked fine then sometimes it would act like you described and worse. This is what I did to "solve" or at least stop it from happening. I have a touch button ignition. What I do is when I first enter the vehicle I wait for the logo that shows on the touch screen to disappear then push the ignition button to "On" without touching the brake pedal. This allows the vehicle to turn on without starting the vehicle. Then I once again wait for the logo that shows on the touch screen to disappear and then I simply start my vehicle. My touch screen acts "normal" again. It's worked for me every time and it has allowed me to cancel my new $850 (plus $300 to install it) touch screen that I ordered from the dealership. I hope this helps any and everyone who has had issues with these touch screens that I believe should have been recalled.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2013 Yukon.

After about 1 week the touch screen has started acting funny.

All the buttons “don’t match up”. For example.. if I push the “iPod” button, it goes to the “rear” button( located 2 spots below the. “ IPOD”button. It does not activate the actual button you push.
I can’t get the “menu” or the “back arrow” in the left hand corner to work at all.

I have to use the non touch screen buttons to use the radio.

I tried to “reset” the touch screen by holding the power button down.. no change.

I can not get to the “home” screen to try to do the factory reset..

Thanks for your help!
you could try disconnecting the battery for a minute, that "Might" reset it. other than that there is a "secret menu" that may have a option to allow screen re-calibration. I do not know the secret code off hand but it is posted either on the forum or online, youtube etc. you would just have to search for it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 2018 Tahoe. Sometimes the touch screen worked fine then sometimes it would act like you described and worse. This is what I did to "solve" or at least stop it from happening. I have a touch button ignition. What I do is when I first enter the vehicle I wait for the logo that shows on the touch screen to disappear then push the ignition button to "On" without touching the brake pedal. This allows the vehicle to turn on without starting the vehicle. Then I once again wait for the logo that shows on the touch screen to disappear and then I simply start my vehicle. My touch screen acts "normal" again. It's worked for me every time and it has allowed me to cancel my new $850 (plus $300 to install it) touch screen that I ordered from the dealership. I hope this helps any and everyone who has had issues with these touch screens that I believe should have been recalled.
the 2015+ have a completely different radio system on what's called a "most buss", it's not like the previous models. the radio system on the k2's may turn on before you even open the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts