Torsion index key?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajun Crawfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was informed that there is a torsion index key that will allow you to change the position of the torsion key, lifting the front of the truck but with out adding torsional twist and changeing the ride. It will yet affect the half-shafts and may need adaptors for the shock mount or longer shocks. Has anyone used them or got good word on how effective they realy are.
Still not supposed to give you more than 2" of lift but Im not looking for more than that. Please respond with any information . Looking to rais the rear an eaqual amount to actualy keep the slight rake in the suspension. Going for the slight mods that look stock but make you take another look.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Yeah indexing is better than just cranking the bars. It is better to just get longer shocks than to add the adapters :imo: because there are just fewer parts to mess with. As for anything bad happening, I have never heard of any one having problems with their half-shafts after only a 2" lift. I have heard of people wearing them out after going past 3" though. Also after you do the lift get your alignment done or your front tires will wear out pretty fast.

994door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in order to raise the front 2 inches by cranking the torsion bars is to get indexed keys the reason they are indexed is to get more crank out of the bolts so no you cant lift the truck without additional torsion twist, ride will be affected and up travel is limited. I didnt see what year you have but on 00 up there is a set of ford keys for like 20 bucks each but they will max you out on height