torsion bar replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robb.

Reaction score
i used to have air bags up front on my 01 tahoe.....so there was no need for the torsion bars....they were removed........
the airbags are gone now, so i want to put the torsion bars back in
How would u know which torsion bar goes where ?
i got 2 inch drop spindles on...and drop keys......but the tahoe sits what looks like stock height..and the keys are cranked out..hell they are sittin on the metal bracket.

OP
OP
robb.

robb.

Reaction score
i will try ....so basically..it will come down to trial n error?......from what i see...1 has a yellow sticker and the other a blue sticker ....my stickers are kinda almost gone .but i can make them out....dont know if they had them on both ends.....seems like they are just on 1 end of the bars..............ive been lookin at pix online and seems like the passenger side has the bar with the yellow sticker.....

Last edited:

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
def try swapping them. post back and let us know if it works.

OP
OP
robb.

robb.

Reaction score
ok got it done.....turns out the Bars with the Yellow sticker Go on the Passanger side...and the torsion bars with the Blue sticker go on the Driver side.......i didnt even have to use the gear puller to throw in the New Keys....
the 1st time i threw the bars in ...the Keys pointed further down out of the cross chamber...resultin in them not bein pushed up high enough......which meant the Truck was Lifted more..........so if u want a LIFT just reverse the bars heh..
when i tried to lift the keys with the bars on wrong...i ****** up the threads on the gear puller....guess i now own the autozone rental..

thanx guys for takin the time to respond n help a bud out :Handshake:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 29

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
sweet sounds like you took care of it, hey robb do you mind posting a full picture of your truck just wondering what my tahoe will look with the stock oem rims, thanks bro btw truck looks good

OP
OP
robb.

robb.

Reaction score
sure no problem....i dont really like the way the 17 stock oem's look ..too small.......
i wanna slap some stock 20's on it...

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84