Tool to disable tpms all together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This happened with my wife’s ‘15 Yukon. I don’t want them (Discount Tire) to remove all the tires off the wheels to fix it, so we’re stuck with the same TPMS code. Drives me crazy. I really don’t believe there is a way you can disable it unless you get into the dash and take the bulb out for that specific light.
They just need to break a bead, no need to remove the tires. Use ACDelco sensors and they last at least 10 years.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought new sensors on Amazon, 4 for $40 (mine are aftermarket "Roadfar', but you can find AC Delco on Amazon as well). I also purchased a VXDAS Auto Tire Pressure Monitor for $10 which allows you to reset the sensors. I had Walmart install them for $20. My sensors were preprogrammed for my vehicle, but Walmart would have been able to program them. I think the AC Delco sensors are around $17 each. Might be worth a try as opposed to the dealer. Mine are working great.

h2100

Reaction score
Hello! I bought the $11 Red tool in Amazon also. It did not work. Is there a difference between a 'reset' tool vs a 'relearn' tool? I need it to swap between winter and summer wheels, etc.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
36F573A7-4282-4C3E-93F7-EC0FE4220375.png
Hello! I bought the $11 Red tool in Amazon also. It did not work. Is there a difference between a 'reset' tool vs a 'relearn' tool? I need it to swap between winter and summer wheels, etc.
Does it look like this? Color shouldn’t Mater

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I'll order another
I have one of those same tools and at first I couldn’t get it to work. Make sure the battery in it is new and touch it to the valve stem or at least put it within a fraction of an inch of it.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to order that TPMS simulator so I don't have to buy another set of sensors.

I do a visual check of my truck daily, so I'll know if a tire is low or not.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to order that TPMS simulator so I don't have to buy another set of sensors.

I do a visual check of my truck daily, so I'll know if a tire is low or not.
Let us know how it works out. AFAIK @Jolly Roger is the only other member who has one and it seems he had some messing around he had to do. Hopefully he’ll chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts