too happy too soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought a land rover once...so...i win the biggest idiot award, right?

yup. :)

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I bought a Land Rover once...so...I win the biggest idiot award, right?

Actually, you could have done worse and purchased a Jag .........

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^:lol: my best friends parents have 2 jags :whymewhyme:

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im a proud owner of a 2002 tahoe that i bought in november. being a minnesota resident it gets cold and snows durring the winter. so find this truck, look at it, but it, happy as hell. i knew it wasnt show room quality but i didnt see or feel anything wrong but a couple door dings and a scratch here or there. spring comes, start looking around the truck more and more. take a look under the rearend, no spare tire and the cable was cut. wtf i bought a truck with out a spare. not that im really mad or anything, its my fault. just gives me one more excuse to work on the truck.
so my question is, has anyone bought their truck/car with out going ovet it 100% and finding a wtf how did i miss that?

Oh yeah,

Bought an 01 300m for the daughter after her car was totaled (sebring one owner) not her fault. Pretty clean 300 for 100k. First thing was when we closed the deal after signing, and paying he brings out the keys....one set WTF who would think to ask if there were 2 sets of keys. Well not a total blunder. So I get the car home, and open the trunk which I did to look at the dealership....Full size flat spare. Pullit out rims trashed from a pot hole.

One tire was low on air with the walk around thought it was from sitting on the lot a while. So I take it to be fixed......that rim was trashed on the inside but usable for the spare, and I found one on ebay for the other trashed rim. Trans went out at 112k.

What pissed me off was her initial car the sebring she only had it for 3 months until somebody creamed her. Of course the insurance money did not cover the new car, and the sebring was a much better car.

Gordy

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines not too exciting as I knew the car was junk. When I was 16 and wanted a sports car soo bad, I traded an old cheap speaker box a couple hundred bucks for a 82 Trans Am. It was wrecked and I was listening to a buddy that was in tech school for auto body, telling me "ahh man, the quarter panel is bent, we can hook a chain, wrap around a tree and yank it back out. A little putty and paint and your good.". Well the quarter wasn't bent, it was creased and the forken frame wasn't bent, it was completely buckled from the rear impact.
I tell you I looked like a dip shit taking it to a couple body shops, it was so bad, they didn't want to waste their time quoting it.

I had a buddy that bought some 70s Nova, a real POS. Long story short, we were "working on it" (still dumb teenagers) and I crawled underneath it, the body, frame, and bushings were so rusted and rotted, someone hammered broom handles in between, Not sure why? A wooden bushing? I will never forget his face when I showed it to him, he looked like someone kicked his puppy.

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first car as a high school senior was a used 78 mustang turbo ... widely considered one of the worse cars ever built. Apparently, even without the internets, everyone but me was aware that this was the case.

Within five miles of the dealership the turbo stopped working, it started smoking oil, the clutch started slipping, and several other catastrophes ensued as the days and months went by.

So the answer to your question would be yes. :)

Yup I had a 79 stang turbo just out of HS. The turbo never went out, but it was an electrical nightmare every time it rained. The turbo did whine really bad, and It would be far fetched to say it gave much boost it just sounded like it did.....Cured me of Fords.

The daughters Mopar is curing me of them to. GM all the way! Every GM I have owned has been a pretty major trouble free vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts