Tires..It's gonna come faster than you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you made it out ok. The 79 Seville is all solid steel.

Tony,

No complaints with the solid steel of the Caddy. It’s the crumple zone that I’m talking about. The Buick crumpled everywhere, the cabin stayed intact. Other than the door caving in but only to the inner panel is amazing being as how the brunt of the hit was in the B pillar and rear door on my side.

We just came back from the police lot where the car is @. Got chills up n down my back from seeing her. Nothing left, crusher if anything. The damn motor is pushing out of the front radiator with a hole in it.

Lieutenant, Let me get my belongings out of it & I tried to find my parking pass garage door opener and my glasses.

I had just picked it up from the dealer for its inspection, got new tires new brakes on order that I have to see if I can stop the order now.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tony,

No complaints with the solid steel of the Caddy. It’s the crumple zone that I’m talking about. The Buick crumpled everywhere, the cabin stayed intact. Other than the door caving in but only to the inner panel is amazing being as how the brunt of the hit was in the B pillar and rear door on my side.

We just came back from the police lot where the car is @. Got chills up n down my back from seeing her. Nothing left, crusher if anything. The damn motor is pushing out of the front radiator with a hole in it.

Lieutenant, Let me get my belongings out of it & I tried to find my parking pass garage door opener and my glasses.

I had just picked it up from the dealer for its inspection, got new tires new brakes on order that I have to see if I can stop the order now.
Oh, I understand what you mean now. Would you mind posting a pic? My father had a 79 Seville Elegante. I stole it when I was 15, and crashed it--not bad tho. Was it a Regal?

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I understand what you mean now. Would you mind posting a pic? My father had a 79 Seville Elegante. I stole it when I was 15, and crashed it--not bad tho. Was it a Regal?

The caddy is up at the property. Typical one though nothing fancy. She needs TLC, interior is in great shape, exterior is missing the plastic bumper covers between the bumper and the body. Have old Caprice 9C1 steel wheels. She needs a really good cleaning buff and wax.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nokian tires hmmm gonna spend some time looking them up.

Toyo tires, been looking at them as well, guess I have a few days free to look around.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The caddy is up at the property. Typical one though nothing fancy. She needs TLC, interior is in great shape, exterior is missing the plastic bumper covers between the bumper and the body. Have old Caprice 9C1 steel wheels. She needs a really good cleaning buff and wax.
I meant of the Regal--if that's ok.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have to get the truck ready for daily activities.

An 88 year old fuggin Qtip took me out this past Tuesday and totaled my ‘17 Buick Regal GS, and put me in the hospital for 3 days. Idiot was driving a fuggin Subaru couldn’t see past the windshield and drove thru a red traffic light. She struck me on the drivers side, spun me out and put me into 5 parked cars at around 40. Needless to say there was nothing left of the car. Have 3 broken ribs a black eye from I don’t know what 32 stitches in my left firearm from broken glass, but greatful I’m ok and the qtip is as well.

The truck is good to go but now have to consider putting in a set of winter tires as I’m gonna hold out on another car for a while. I bought a set of Used wheels n tires last year with winter tires on it and they are shot. We didn’t get all that much weather last year so really have nothing to compare.

Do I go with winter tires or with on/off-road tires? My pickemuptruk I only used on/off-road but these trucks are different in the way they handle.

I live in PA, Lehigh Valley, we get snow but mostly the freezing rain n shit. Snow to me is Syracuse area where it’s snow not sloppy shit.

What do you guys put on your trucks for the winter?

Glad you're alive man, if you'd been driving the truck and not the Regal...

Anyhow, KO2s, got the little snowflake on them are they are great in the snow and everywhere else for that matter when they are new down to about 1/4 inch tread. Read the reviews of people who have them on wagons, not pick ups with no weight in the bed. Love mine, but no snow experience with them.

pcwizard2600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the Cooper Discoverer AT3's on my Avalanche. Great tires, excellent traction, quieter than the Wranglers I had before. Ran them year round and got two good years out of them, third year they were still good for the summer but worn enough so they would not have been good for winter traction. I'm in Vermont where we get snow, ice and anything else crappy that can fall out of the sky in the winter. Would not hesitate to buy another set.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I had the Cooper Discoverer AT3's on my Avalanche. Great tires, excellent traction, quieter than the Wranglers I had before. Ran them year round and got two good years out of them, third year they were still good for the summer but worn enough so they would not have been good for winter traction. I'm in Vermont where we get snow, ice and anything else crappy that can fall out of the sky in the winter. Would not hesitate to buy another set.
How many miles did you put on them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667