Tires and wheels for stock height 2dr hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoodyWebster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a '96 2 door tahoe stock height. What is the biggest / widest tire and rim combo i can fit. I want the fat tire look without raising it.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuffed 31x10.5s under mine. Stock height they were awesome. When I dropped it 2 the fronts scrape over huge bumps.

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuffed 31x10.5s under mine. Stock height they were awesome. When I dropped it 2 the fronts scrape over huge bumps.

How the hell did you get 31's without a lift? Before i got mine i had 275s or 285s not 100% sure which, and they scrubbed when i cut it sharp. And then you dropped it with them on there? How?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pics. Are those rims stock? what width?

Yes stock rims, I think they are 7 inch wide.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

How the hell did you get 31's without a lift? Before i got mine i had 275s or 285s not 100% sure which, and they scrubbed when i cut it sharp. And then you dropped it with them on there? How?

31s on the stock suspension fit perfectly. I didn't believe it either but the guy at the local Goodyear tire shop promised me he had done it and it would fill out the wheel well nicely ... which they did.

When I dropped it I used Summit spindles and shackles. The front lower A arm needed to be 'clearanced' with the 15inch rims. If I had 16s or bigger it would have fit without any issues. The tires do rub a tiny bit over BIG bumps. Newer taller bump stops should fix that but I do plan on getting new rims and tires sooner or later.

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well damn didnt think it was possible i had to put on a 3" body lift so they would fit mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz