Tire rubbing solution for leveled trucks with 305/50/20 tires on factory wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Since upgrading my tires to Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/50/20 I've noticed that my tires rub when they are turned at full lock. While working on my truck last Thursday to install a new radiator and engine oil cooler lines I noticed the sway bar was missing paint in 2 particular spots. Putting 2+2 I figured that was where the tires were rubbing. After doing a little research I came across some wheel spacers that fit the NNBS trucks. These are ¼” wheel spacers made by Dorman. The part number is 711-916. You will need 2 of these. Each kit only has 2 wheel spacers in it. They retail for about $25-30 each, so you'll be looking to spend up to $60. Dorman products are can be found at almost all auto parts stores, including Auto Zone, Advance, and O'Reillys. If they don't have them in the store tell them to order them. There are no fitment issues. There is plenty of thread on the factory lug studs to fit these with no issues at all. I even went for a test drive to make sure there weren't any issues these would create. I even tested them to make sure they did what I wanted them to do. I definitely don't have a rubbing problem anymore.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When looking at your hoe can you tell visually that the front wheels stick out further than the rears??

OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Yes, but barely. That was before the spacers. Since I installed the spacers on all 4 wheels it doesn't make any difference. I installed spacers on the rear wheels too because I did notice a slight amount of rubbing on the wheel liners too.

Last edited:

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been debating on getting wheel spacers or not, found a pair of 4 on ebay for 25$...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700