Tips on 3" Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SapperBo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey! I got this
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-7543234-...rban-yukon-3-body-lift-4wd-2wd-2000-2005.html
locally off of craigslist for $150, and yes it was brand new and in the box!
I don't have any experience with body lifts but my friend does. We are going to try and do this Sunday. Just wondered if anyone had some tips? My body has a shot so we have all the tools and even a lift if we need it. Thanks for any advice.

OP
OP
S

SapperBo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well we lifted it. Took forever haha. For some reason the drivers side is a 1/2 inch lower then the passanger side. Not sure what that could be.

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we lifted it. Took forever haha. For some reason the drivers side is a 1/2 inch lower then the passanger side. Not sure what that could be.

That's just the "Chevy lean". The driver side is usually always lower by a 1/2"

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Pics? And how hard. I'm debating oñ wether to do it myself or get it done for $400

Andrew.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pics? And how hard. I'm debating oñ wether to do it myself or get it done for $400

Do it yourself man. $400 is a steep price for what is basically unbolting-jack-place pucks-new bolts.

Did my Sierra, first time, in under 3 hours by myself. Second one I did took me about 1.5 hours.

OP
OP
S

SapperBo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The local 4 wheel parts place here wanted $700 to do it! I think it cost me $20 for the beer for us to do it, so thats a big savings!

OP
OP
S

SapperBo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update

Here is my truck after the lift and a comparison to my neighbors tahoe (which i took after I did the headlight conversion too)

Attachments

• trucklifted.jpg
    trucklifted.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 69
  • tahoecompare1.jpg
    tahoecompare1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 74

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great man!! Is a 3 inch body lift all you have, or do you have keys and spacers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos