Timesert headbolt repair kit rental

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I guess this is the best place to post this? Mods move if there’s a better spot to post

I have a time sert head bolt repair kit
I used it to fix my stripped head bolts on my 07-13 body style LS but I’m sure it fits most all LS blocks if I’m not mistaken

PN:3700

Kit cost me about 800$ at the time now I believe the price is around 600$

It put me in a bind at the time I needed it so
I’m hoping to help other diy guys save some money and get their trucks back on the road!
My only other option at the time was to pull the engine and take it to a machine shop
The process only took about a hr to do each side.

Looking at 100$ for the rental however long is needed but a refundable 200$ incase you were to break the tools or never shipped the kit back to me so I get atleast half my money back.

Currently @jrwca is renting it from me I just shipped it out today and will be awaiting feedback from him on here as a “review” lol

***NOTE YOU will need to buy the inserts for this kit to install into your block this is just the tool kit itself to drill tap and install the insert here (TIME-SERT M11x2.0x30mm Insert Qty 10 p/n 112030)
Need two sets of your doing both sides of the block

For yall that done know these aluminum block Ls engines reccomend repairing the block after having the heads off more then 1-2 times because the aluminum threads get brittle under the torque.

If anyone needs it just comment on this thread or message me directly and I’ll do my best to help yall out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
For the average Joe like me this is the type of kit you’ll use probably one time unless you work on LS engines a lot I used it once and it’s sat on the shelf for over 2 years so I’m thankful to finally put it to good use to someone who needed it!
Even after paying shipping to and from the flat rate box was 18$ and change so figure 100$ for the rental
40$ to ship to and from
60$ for the inserts 120$ if your doing both sides cause you’ll need 20 of them
Still coming ahead at 1/3rd of the cost of buying the kit @600-700$ for it to sit on your shelf! After you get done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts