Time for BJs/Tierods, new arms or just balljoints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did ball joints. An Autozone loaner press and a breaker bar is all you need.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
c clamp is all ive ever used and yes i own a press too. Never needed it for front end work.
I wanna see a C clamp that can knock the lower ball joint out. It took a press to do mine. The ball joint tool wouldnt do it. Couldnt get enough force on it using an air ratchet.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The autozone loaner tool is basically just a big C clamp. And yes it pressed mine out just fine.

medium800.jpg

Last edited:

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna see a C clamp that can knock the lower ball joint out. It took a press to do mine. The ball joint tool wouldnt do it. Couldnt get enough force on it using an air ratchet.

I recently did my lowers per the youtube recommendation of heating them and hitting them with a mini sledgehammer, worked easy enough. Uppers I did with the ball joint service c clamp, meaning not "just" some average c clamp. They run about $80 for the setup, or you can rent them.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently did my lowers per the youtube recommendation of heating them and hitting them with a mini sledgehammer, worked easy enough. Uppers I did with the ball joint service c clamp, meaning not "just" some average c clamp. They run about $80 for the setup, or you can rent them.
I have the ball joint service set too with 4x4/Suv add on kit. I cheated and bought loaded upper control arms. They were just ridiculously cheap on ebay. Detroit Axle was the brand. So far they seem good to go. Alignment went well and its holding it. I do have some play in my steering gearbox. Im going to see if it will adjust out, if not then ill put a new gearbox on it.