Time for a change...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this look for 10 years as of last month and I believe it's time to change some things up. I'd like to change the front to an 03 silverado SS but for the time being I want to change the "projector" headlights lol. Can't see crap at night, and haven't worried about it because I parked it two years ago and haven't even paid it any attention. I also want to swap out the tails for some LEDs. I like the look of the tails now but they're dangerous from low visibility to other cars. I have the rims for sale but people in this area can't afford to buy them. I'd like to make this an 03 silverado SS clone as much as possible. Since I haven't been in the game for awhile whats the newest "good" fads? No lambo doors please!

If I keep the front end I have now I want to paint match the bow tie. I wonder if smoked headlamps would look decent or add to the ricer look. I also want to swap out the escalade handles for painted LT handles and LT painted mirror caps. I'm trying to de-chrome it, too much bling bling. Also, I'm trying to de-Gucci it! Just remember these mods were done when I was 21 and now I'm 31 ;) I need old man status.

Anyway, this thread was just to get some ideas so I can think outside of my box.

Current look, wiper has been shaved and stillen D pillars are installed since these pics were taken.

berg002.jpg

282.jpg

281.jpg

0452_zps68b476b7.jpg

My hood rich interior

0012_zpsdcbf46be.jpg

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
So i read this post.. Quickly ran to reply.. and what do you know, after I wrote everything I'd change... I reread your post.. and it was everything you have done or planned!

Biggest offenders: Taillights, Wheels, and in some peoples opinions.. RUNNING BOARDS!

Most guys on here are gonna tell you no running boards on lowered tahoes, but If you wanted to keep them you could color match, the blue and chrome really looks good!

Looks good though! "Old man"!! lol

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade running boards and d pillars. Maybe some new wheels and redo the hood rich interior. Exterior looks pretty sexy as is though.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not bad looking. Kind of like your Hood rich interior. Its different.

Trade someone wheels if they cant afford them. Otherwise, looks alright to me.

Nice valance? Who's is it?

OP
OP
M

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Street scene valance. Not sure if they make it anymore. I have never seen another tahoe with it.

I'm going with Katzkin grey leather interior, debating going with blue suede inserts. Not sure if it'll still be hood rich lol. Already have Stillen D pillars installed. Would be nice to find some 03 silverado style red tails but if not I'll probably go with the red/clear LED tails since it's a newer and still in style. I know it's real popular in the import community. (I own an 03 GS300 also). The only wheels I'd trade for is the OEM SS wheels or SS style wheels in 22's, or 22 inch U255's. My 24's rub like there is no tomorrow so I want to back up a few inches. Gotta pick up a new lowing kit also, my suspension is tired and worn out. It's lowered a 5 inches or more already but needs new shocks and other jazz.

Still debating if smoked headlights would look decent. I could stay clear for a safe bet but who knows...

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I also think tahoes have a weird look with out running boards. Needs something there. Would be nice if someone made some decent side skirts that were just flat to fill in some space. Also, I'd love it if someone made SS cladding for the tahoes.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New rims and colormatch mirrors rather than the chrome to start. Interior is not my taste but many like it so it's up for personal taste

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do make side skirts, just not cheap.

I feel the same way with the steps, i took mine off and put them right back on.

wiltff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the grill. Whos' is it? Wanna sell it when you update the front?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn