Three buttons under left vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttremain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was at a dealer yesterday, and was looking at a 2017 tahoe. The dash looks just like my 2015 LTZ tahoe, except there were three buttons just under the left vent.

1) I'm curious what they do.

2) i have my own ideas for a set of buttons just like that, what is this panel called, if i were shopping to add these buttons?

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at a dealer yesterday, and was looking at a 2017 tahoe. The dash looks just like my 2015 LTZ tahoe, except there were three buttons just under the left vent.

2) i have my own ideas for a set of buttons just like that, what is this panel called, if i were shopping to add these buttons?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's for the optional HUD. If you also look at the top left side of dash, you would see a huge square opening where the HUD projects from.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What's the marking on the buttons - if you can de-code that it may tell you what they are for - probably HUD as previously mentioned.

OP
OP
T

ttremain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
panel.jpg

Here is a photo I took. I wasn't able to include it in the original post because I had to upload it to a 3rd party site first apparently.

Yes, at least the left button has to do with the HUD.

Anyway, if I were to try to locate this panel and buttons, I'm not sure what to call it. Even part numbers would be better.

Thank you!

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
panel.jpg

Here is a photo I took. I wasn't able to include it in the original post because I had to upload it to a 3rd party site first apparently.

Yes, at least the left button has to do with the HUD.

Anyway, if I were to try to locate this panel and buttons, I'm not sure what to call it. Even part numbers would be better.

Thank you!
Maybe call them "HUD Control Buttons" - left one positions the display up and down, middle one allows you to select what info you want displayed and right one adjusts the brightness of the display.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to gmpartsdirect.com and enter in the year, make, and model. Then take at look at the various schematics. Should be able to find the part numbers on there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907