thoughts on the mobil 1 annual oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing this for years using Amsoil Signature Series in my DSM. I started using the Penz Ultra Platinum in the Hoe when I picked it up last year and the first change since is this month. If you use a good quality filter with oil that is designed to last that long...I don't see a problem with it.

It depends a a lot on your driving habits, since short trips won't let the oil get up to temperature, plus your oil filter can only hold so much dirt before it starts bypassing the dirty oil back in to the engine. The oil filters on these vehicles are relatively small compared to the engine size. Even though I run Mobil 1 now, I'd rather run conventional oil and change every 3K miles than a synthetic that I only change once a year. I drive about 20K mikes a year. For somebody who drives under 10K miles a year that may be an option. I'm sure the annual oil by Mobil 1, must have some type of disclaimer on miles and conditions. I sure wouldn't buy a used car whose service records show the car was frequently driven way past 5K miles between oil changes. It would make me start to think what other maintenance was put off. Sorry for the rant.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the grand scheme, relative to so many other maintenance & repair items, oil changes are very low in cost and high in priority. It doesn't make a lot of sense to avoid or put off this simple, inexpensive, high-value task.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts