this is stupid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont understand why everytime i need somthing for my truck project wise i have to order it online??? I need carpet ONLINE , I need steel square tubing for a roof rack ONLINE, anything requiring materials ONLINE
its so aggrivating .....
I HATE PAYING FOR SOMTHING I CANT SEE!!!!
then you have to wait 5 to 10 buisness days to get it to your house (unless you want to get ***** and pay for next day air and pay more for the shipping than what the part is actually worth) and if its the wrong item Guess what another month before you get what you need
i have searched and searched and searched for auto/parts dealers for months to no avail ,
it seems this is walk in store buisness is dead im willing to drive 1 1.5 hours
anybody in the central/Philly area that knows any where ?
Pepboys-nice things but all Ricer/cheap shit
autozone- Garbage
advance auto- again garbage
napa- what do they even sell you walk in there and i see a serp belt and a case of oil and a cute hello kitty tire gauge

I have the common sense that most of these places only really carry replacement parts for the common customer and i know this is their primary income but what about us motorheads???????????

that is all....

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The automotive chain's only sell what "most" customers want. So OEM replacment parts, fluids, and "performance" parts. I went to O'Rileys a few weeks ago to pick up some MSD plug wires for my Silvy, and the guy told me that he would have to order them because it's not a very "popular" motor....

There are no speed shops/off road shops in your area?

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get Amazon Prime. I get whatever I want at the cheapest price on the internet with free two-day shipping.

I feel dirty getting stuff at any walk-in retailer these days, they all sell junk.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get a LOT of my replacement parts from Rock Auto. There are a lot of times they'll have the part I need for a significantly cheaper price. But when I need something NOW I go to O'Reilly's. The O'Reilly's close to me is pretty good about carrying parts for any of my three vehicles. I not longer buy brake parts from them, though.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are but everything i need they have to "special order" and of course they want to mark up at least 20%

Gotcha. That's how the ones here are. I went to one in Green Bay, called A&K Truckland. They wanted 130 per Bilstein 5100, but they needed to order. It would not even cost me that much with shipping for them online

I use carquest for my replacement parts (hub's, cv shafts.) Since my work orders threw them and we get an Employee price with carquest. That's if the AcDelco part is WAY to expensive at work..

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think nj has a carquest here i know ive seen them in NC forgot all about them but i know what you mean my westin tail light gaurds a place here called bobs 4x4 wanted almost $200 bucks :lol2: got them directly from westin for 110

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I hear ya. Don u remember the 4x4 shop in wichita? They wanted $400 for a $200 tire and wanted to get it shipped.... A grille guard they wanted $1000.... Wtf and they got sued for stealing parts lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts