Third Row Storage Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Yukon Denali. I'm moving cross-country and will be packing the cargo area with all my belongings. Problem is I will have to remove the third row seats to get the most space, but of course I DON'T want to ditch them because they come in handy. Most logical solution would be to strap them to the roof. Anyone know of any good storage solutions for stowing them on the roof?

Are their cargo containers large enough to store them? If not, would the best idea be to just wrap them up in a tarp and strap 'em down?

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hitch hauler rack? Rent a u haul trailer one way?

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was contemplating maybe a hitch rack - don't particularly want to tow anything though.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Hitch basket

I got this at Harbor Freight with a 20% off coupon and some sale. I think I wound up paying around $60 at the time. It hold 500lbs and is made from aluminum. All my buddies always borrow it, lol.
Good luck on you trip. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150819_142818yoink.jpg
    IMG_20150819_142818yoink.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this at Harbor Freight with a 20% off coupon and some sale. I think I wound up paying around $60 at the time. It hold 500lbs and is made from aluminum. All my buddies always borrow it, lol.

I like that. This may be the best bet, and there is a harbor freight 15 minutes from me. Thanks man!

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

samething i did. I got the steel version because of the reviews on this one.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Row a bloody uhaul trailer.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I had my reservations about it before I bought it. I turns out though that ts a pretty good carrier. All of the bolts that hold it together are self locking and none have come loose in the five years I've had it. If i need to haul anything serious I just hook up my trailer. For coolers, gas cans and general stuff this one has served me well. It also weighs next to nothing.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harbor Freight also sells a zip-up cover thats pretty waterproof that works with these. It would hold both seats I think and was only $30. Maybe throw them in large garbage bags before putting them inside it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076