That little motor overhead,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YUKISM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL... i never even knew what that was above my head. Figured it was for onstar or something.. Never heard mine do anything.

LOL,glad I'm not the only one,LOL!! I thought it was a speaker for the Onstar also.

ThierryC78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I followed the instruction to remove the headliner and took the fan box out of the truck for a cleaning. The thing was filthy even the truck has always been with non-smokers.
The fan box opens up easily, and you an clean the fan using a mix of compressed air and baby wipes. I cleaned the bow itself with soap and water. I lubed the engine with WD40, making sure that the shaft was spinning freely.
I plugged everything back in and now my interior is perfectly quiet.

OP
OP
Mr45

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score

EM1Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this thread has been dead for a little while, but I'm so happy I found it! I thought that noise was going to drive me absolutely insane!

And, for the record, I thought it was an OnStar speaker, too.

EM1Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got in there and cleaned that sucker out this afternoon. It was FILTHY! Now it doesn't make any noise at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigburb3500