Temperature Control Blend Door Actuator Replace 89018365

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunslinger

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife's 2007 Yukon has been blowing cold hot air out of the driver's side vents (even when AC is on). As most of us know, this is most likely the blend door actuator. The dealership confirmed that this morning. However the dealership is wanting 314.92 for part number 89018365, totaling 466.42 after labor... no thanks. I can pull the one in my tahoe out and give it to her until i can go to an LKQ and pull me another out to replace the one in my Tahoe. Every single walkthrough on the internet is for the 2000-2006 models and it is very easy to remove the actuator. I can not find a single walkthrough on how to pull this part from a new body style yukon or even a tahoe for that matter. Can anybody help with a link to a video or a diagram? I know there are 5 actuators in the 2007 yukon and this is the temp control actuator. I have no idea where it is located though. Thanks for the help.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Try pressing the AUX button for the rear seat A/C and see if the air gets cooler b4 replacing the blend door. The walk through for the 06 is the same as 07-14. They have a topic in the tech info section that you should check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gunslinger

gunslinger

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Yes it is the exact same procedure to remove the lower kick panel of the dash (passenger side) on the newer models as is the 00-06. What was so confusing to me about this procedure is the fact that the temperature actuator for the driver side vents is located on the passenger side above the lower kick panel of the dash. I'm not sure if this temp actuator controls both the driver and passenger or just the driver temp. I know there are about 4 more actuators in the vehicle with at least one controlling the rear air but I'm not sure what the rest do. I do believe the rest are harder to access from what I've read.

All I know is that the driver side vents are controlled from the actuator on the passenger side and it is easy to install. This took me about 40 minutes start to finish (faster if you have the right tools). You need a small socket wrench with 7mm and 5.5mm sockets. The 7mm needs to be a deep socket.

The part I ordered was a dorman replacement which I found for 50 dollars on Amazon. Note all other sellers wanted 100 dollars. I did take mine out of my Tahoe to put in the wife's car but noted it was a different part number. I believe this is due to the fact that she has dual climate control. So be sure your replacement covers the part number for your vehicle.

As far as the reset procedure, I just disconnected the battery for a couple minutes as there were about 3 or 4 fuses that said hvac and I wasn't sure which to pull. Then I followed the reset procedure from the walkthroughs I found. Blowing cold air now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879