TC shudder just started...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Flud was changed when purchased at 50K miles per TSB now at 95K. happens even in trailer tow mode. Does GM assist in repair? does additional damage occur if driven? Will another fluid change help? Please educate me?

BTW I have
2016 Yukon 6.2 and 8speed. I think TC just started to shudder, and how could I check this with Solus Edge(18.3 software). No faults yet... is there a way to record what TC/TCC is doing and how?

thanks

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flud was changed when purchased at 50K miles per TSB now at 95K. happens even in trailer tow mode. Does GM assist in repair? does additional damage occur if driven? Will another fluid change help? Please educate me?

BTW I have
2016 Yukon 6.2 and 8speed. I think TC just started to shudder, and how could I check this with Solus Edge(18.3 software). No faults yet... is there a way to record what TC/TCC is doing and how?

thanks

Look at the TCC efficiency, duty cycle and slip (rpms), specifically.

There's class action suits against GM on those things. Pull the trans and replace the converter - contact GM to see if there's a recall or warranty you could claim.

mics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance… How do you know it’s a TC shudder and not something else?

OP
OP
P

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance… How do you know it’s a TC shudder and not something else?
Dealer checked it, but going to have local trans shop pull pan and check. Both say there is newer fluid. shop road-tested vehicle. I'll update. Trans shop

Dealer also said fluid used in TSB only lasted for about 4 years, hence the newer version of fluid.

waterman

Reaction score
Look at the TCC efficiency, duty cycle and slip (rpms), specifically.

There's class action suits against GM on those things. Pull the trans and replace the converter - contact GM to see if there's a recall or warranty you could claim.
Sorry to hijack thread, are the tsb notices the responsibility of the dealer to inform the customer or is it the customers responsibility to see if there any tsb notices?

OP
OP
P

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Not the best photo due to shop lights, but doesn't think it's self-destructing. Doing new filter, flush, newest fluid, friction modifier, then drive.

Attachments

• IMG_7570.JPG
    IMG_7570.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7514.JPG
    IMG_7514.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork