Tailgate or barn doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok couldnt ****** figure out the godamn poll thing :emotions122: so everyone is gunna have to work harder because of my utter lack of computer skills so here goes
BARN DOORS or TAILGATE/hatch

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Barn doors for me please.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

use the thread tools above the first post and add a poll since you already created the thread.

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got tailgate an even tho it makes it "truck" like ive always loved the barn doors

Baggedranger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the clean look of the tailgate but since mine if lifted barn doors are the way to go.. With as high as it is there is no way I could close the hatch once I opened it.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much the only reason we bought the Escalade was cause every Tahoe or Yukon we looked at had the barn doors. It really depends on what your going to do. Any chance of moving anything big you need the tailgate. But for everyday shopping loading/unloading grocery's, luggage, etc the barn doors. JMHO

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lift gate, I just prefer how it looks. You do need to be on the tall side if you're going to lift the truck tho.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had tailgate.....loved it for the looks, able to see out the rear, sit on the gate and have the glass as a sun shield, had rear wiper.
Dog hates trying to jump up on it to get in truck, has crashed a few attempts and quit trying.

Now have barn doors, easier to move stuff in and out, way easier for dog to get in (10 year old lab).

Stupid doors block rear view, no wiper, looks uglier, doors dont stay open well, cant drive with them open, no inside door handle.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This topic has been done to death before HERE with activity as recent as five months ago. :Handshake:

But, for the record again. I prefer my tailgate. I like being able to see out the back clearly, and I enjoy the use of the rear wiper, It clears the snow off for me!