Tahoe Update: New Wheels and 3/5 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Haven't posted anything in a while, so I figured I put some pictures of whats new.

Had my DJM cornering kit installed, which includes a 3/5.5 drop, about 2 months ago. Love the way it looks lowered and the cornering is like night and day, but the ride quality did suffer quite a bit..

Before Drop:
picture.jpg

After Drop:
picture.jpg

Some suspension pics:
imag0248g.jpg

imag0247qf.jpg

I also seem to have caught the KMC Slide fever that everyone seems to have lately. Bought a set of 22" Black Slide w/ Nitto 420 tires about a month ago and love them.

New Wheels:
imag0269yp.jpg

imag0275t.jpg

And some white powdercoated caliper covers, just need some slotted rotors now.
imag0283f.jpg

imag0281tcz.jpg

Didn't notice til these pics that the car wash did a shotty job of cleaning my wheels. Guess I will be cleaning them better in the morning.

Last edited:

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great man! Wish i would have dropped mine a little lower to begin with.

JayXSP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great.

Quick question...where do you have your keys set? I just did the 3/5.5 (new thread coming soon) and the front seem a tad higher than yours. My keys are pretty much on the stops.. Also did you take measurements after the drop/before the rims?

thanks
-Jay

OP
OP
Phantomx55

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Looks great.

Quick question...where do you have your keys set? I just did the 3/5.5 (new thread coming soon) and the front seem a tad higher than yours. My keys are pretty much on the stops.. Also did you take measurements after the drop/before the rims?

thanks
-Jay

I don't know honestly. I didn't install the drop myself, but I am probably going to crank the keys up a half inch in the front. Wheels rub a bit during sharp turns and the front has bottomed out a couple times.

Also haven't done the free travel mod like everyone says to do, yet I haven't bottomed out in the rear once since it was installed, in fact, I think I need the rear lower.

Here are some measurements before and after the drop on the stock wheels

FL
34.75"-31.25"
FR
35"-31.5"
RL
35.75"-32.75"
RR
35.75"-32.25"

According to tony, the rear was sitting low stock as it was which is why I only got 3" out of the rear

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Yea I'm 33 all around. Something isn't right with mine. Gonna call tony in a bit

Good luck! If you have Tony's 3 5.5 drop you wont get much lower with out drop keys or spindles. Im on 20's and airshox in rear have 20 psi in them(do a lot of towing) and I'm @ 33 in rear and 32.5 in front keys cranked half way. Even when I had the BT SP's in rear I was 32.5 if I can remember.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Yea I'm 33 all around. Something isn't right with mine. Gonna call tony in a bit

I don't know honestly. I didn't install the drop myself, but I am probably going to crank the keys up a half inch in the front. Wheels rub a bit during sharp turns and the front has bottomed out a couple times.

Also haven't done the free travel mod like everyone says to do, yet I haven't bottomed out in the rear once since it was installed, in fact, I think I need the rear lower.

Here are some measurements before and after the drop on the stock wheels

FL
34.75"-31.25"
FR
35"-31.5"
RL
35.75"-32.75"
RR
35.75"-32.25"

According to tony, the rear was sitting low stock as it was which is why I only got 3" out of the rear

Looks real good man! I had my hand on the trigger last week to order the slides and I see everyone has them....i had to pull back. They are an awesome wheel!

Last edited: