Tahoe or Durango

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I actually like the look of the new Durango, but I like the Tahoe and Yukon looks even more. I think the new Durango is much better than the 2nd generation Durango. Props to Chrysler for heading in the right direction, but they still have a ways to go. The 1st generation is still the best Durango ever. My mom has one and had never had a big problem with it. It even handles Utah snow and salt incredibly well. Before it was my mom's it was my sisters, until she upgraded to a 05 Yukon. That Durango saw some miles on it with my sis taking it from Utah to Illinois, Florida, Virginia, Hawaii, back to Virginia, then off to Utah to live with my mom. That truck is still running strong.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at both and the Durango is smaller with bad MPG. I say go for the new explorer of you want that size. I obviously picked the suburban after owning an 07 Tahoe and they are just too sweet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my moms durango in for my 08 tahoe bc i gave her my old black one. Hate dodge, one of the worst cars/suvs ever and now that my moms driving the black 01 tahoe she couldnt agree more.

Go with the tahoe, you wont regret it.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I looked at both and the Durango is smaller with bad MPG. I say go for the new explorer of you want that size. I obviously picked the suburban after owning an 07 Tahoe and they are just too sweet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I disagree. I'd go with a 2013 Acadia before an Explorer. That thing looks amazing. However, that's a crossover. If you want amazing fuel economy, great towing, 4wd, and the ability to seat up to 8 I'd go with the hybrid Tahoe. Compare it to all the other SUVs and crossovers and you'll see it is the best combination of everything out there right now.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Durango is okay. Tahoe looks 10x better. IMO, Tahoe is one of the best looking SUVs on the road. I wanted one so bad every time I saw one and you'd be surprised how many are on the road when you're actually looking for them. The only Durango I liked was the first generation. But I did drive a 2000 Dakota with a V8 for many years and never had any major issues with it. I sold it with 100k miles on it and it still ran perfect. I can think of several smaller SUVs (if that's what you're looking for) I'd prefer over the Durango; Grand Cherokee, 4Runner, X5, M350, MDX, Highlander, just to name a few.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These threads tickle me to death. It's like going to a Pepsi forum and asking which to buy, Coke or Pepsi. You know the answer you are going to get before you even ask the question!

RoHoe09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Durango looks like an 80s Omni on steroids
Dodge-Omni-Shelby.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz