Tahoe Misfires after Heavy Accleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm getting a PO303.

Everything has been replaced in the last 200 miles(all new AC Delco parts).......but I know its still on the original 1999 spider and distributor.

I had already planned to do the intake manifold gaskets next month, so when I do that I will go with a new AC Delco spider (arriving tomorrow) and a new Summit Racing distributor since its built w/o the plastic BS

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know i was concerned about this plastic distributor thing i kept hearing about when i ordered a bottom dollar cheapo reman dizzy. Turned out the one that showed up is plastic free.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything makes this truck more dependable is top on the list. I threw a bunch of elcheapo parts at it after i bought it just to get it running right again. Didn't want to buy top shelf stuff right away until i knew everything that was wrong. Now that ive been driving it regularly without any issues i can comfortably start replacing anything new that crops up with better parts.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well based on previous knowledge and a few things I have read here I'm track to having a new 99 Yukon here pretty soon.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be ordering some parts for my 97 today probably. Preventative stuff really.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear that

There was limited documentation on mine when I bought it; I mean there was alot done, but it needs a full 200k refresh.

My Flowmaster cat back, y-pipe w/cats and all 4 new Bosch O2 sensors arrived today.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice did you order the flowmaster force 2 kit? Post a clip after your done if you have a decent camera or something. Best clip i found for this is the one flowmaster has on thier site. I had a single flowmaster 40 on my 94 suburban but with the 3 inch pipe and updated style cat is was louder than i wanted for the area i live. When i replaced the old style cat on it due to a hole with a newer style honeycomb magnaflow cat the sound difference was night and day. I mean it sounded nice but most of my neighbors are pretty close with a few hills before i get to my house. Id like a nice grumble out of my exhaust but i dont want to be informed i rattle windows when i come by at midnight.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@drakon543 Yeah that was the system I got. Mine will sound slightly different because I bought the Flowmaster y-pipe with cats........I hope it sounds good

I will see what i can do on the video. I can always post it on Instagram

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im pretty sure whatever yours sounds like mine would be louder atm. The rich smell from my exhaust, and the horrible hack and weld right before the cats on the truck now give me a feeling the cats were punched out. I intend to start upfront with a set of shorty headers and replace it as i go back anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255