Tahoe LTZ with pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. It is a new 2015 Yukon XL but was delivered by rail and I can see quite a bit of rail dust already imbedded in the chrome; so I decided to go iron x to get it all off from the start. Probably going to do my other car too. A pearl white prius; very pretty paint on an ugly commuter car... but I still like to keep it clean and being white it has some visible rail dust or other imbedded rust specs.

I'll look into a non abrasive polish while I am at it. Polishes always scare me on new paint... I suppose if it is non abrasive and applied by hand there is little risk. I just have bad dreams about swirl marks...

Jet seal is supposed to last 6-12 months... I'll follow up once I get it done.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. It is a new 2015 Yukon XL but was delivered by rail and I can see quite a bit of rail dust already imbedded in the chrome; so I decided to go iron x to get it all off from the start. Probably going to do my other car too. A pearl white prius; very pretty paint on an ugly commuter car... but I still like to keep it clean and being white it has some visible rail dust or other imbedded rust specs.

I'll look into a non abrasive polish while I am at it. Polishes always scare me on new paint... I suppose if it is non abrasive and applied by hand there is little risk. I just have bad dreams about swirl marks...

Jet seal is supposed to last 6-12 months... I'll follow up once I get it done.

deff purple up that paint cause of the rail dust! lol take a pic of it after a few mins! post that up.

there is no way u will swirl the paint with a non abrasive polish if you know how to clay. way easier to mart with clay vs a simple wipe on and off polish. no fear! look into blackfire or pinnacle. very soft on the paint. about as soft as you can get.

good luck. . . just take ur time. wash it, x it, polish it and let it sit for the night and then seal it up and wax after the next day. that way you won't rush it. while at it throw a second layer of wax on that bad boy 6 hrs later!.

jim

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
Looks amazing. Great pics and love the rims!!

Thanks! Like ur rides too!

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

I try!

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Excellent job and pictures

You on AGO as well?

Ya. I went on there to get some advice and was asked to post pics so I threw em up over there too. U see my thread? Lol

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny

Latest posts