Tahoe 2010 door latch switch problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

candrade85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello i have a 2010 tahoe. Drivers door ajar switch not working. car thinks the door is shut all the time.
replaced the door latch and problem persists. no broken wires in door jamb.
i have the following wires from door latch to master switch: yellow, purple, grey/black and beige(?) its like a faded pink.
in the same connector, from master switch to car: gray, pink, lightblue/white, green.
which of the wires i have to ground to test that the signal is reaching the bcm?
or where to look next. thank you.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the signal from the door latch gets converted by the driver door module (switches) to gmlan network signal. (dark-green wires)
So probably no easy way to check if BCM is getting signal other than having a good scan tool perhaps.

Some have had to replace the driver door module (switches). Sometimes all the buttons work, but the driver door module is still bad. (regarding sensing door open/ajar)
doorlatch.jpg

Looking at other parts of wiring diagram, looks like pink and gray wires are for side mirror day/night dimming and l-bu/wht is mirror turn signal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

candrade85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello thanks for your reply. i bought a used master switch but no luck.
what else can i check?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would make sure the j2-5 (yellow) connects to j2-11 (tan) and j2-13 (gray-black) when door is open/ajar. If you get continuity there, I can only think it's your door switch.
I have heard of someone getting a used replacement door switch, but that issue still persisted until they got ANOTHER good driver door module.

OP
OP
C

candrade85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would make sure the j2-5 (yellow) connects to j2-11 (tan) and j2-13 (gray-black) when door is open/ajar. If you get continuity there, I can only think it's your door switch.
I have heard of someone getting a used replacement door switch, but that issue still persisted until they got ANOTHER good driver door module.
ok quick update:
1.- latch open: continuity between yellow and grey/black. no continuity between yellow and tan.
2.- latch closed: no continuity between yellow and grey/black or tan.
3.- if i apply ground directly to gray/black, the displays shows driver door open

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly a door open circuit issue?

Seems like there should be continuity between yellow and tan(j2-11, NOT j2-7!) when door is open.

Keep us posted!

OP
OP
C

candrade85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you mikez71 for the support. the yellow wire was cut near the door latch. i guess last owner got a door ajar warning by a faulty latch and that was his brilliant solution. everything works great now.IMG_20230916_155416.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz