Tahoe’s and Yukon’s are an expensive SUV who has added a gps fo piece of mind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Something to think about I live in Nevada and there are a lot of places around here that onstar does not work at all... In my experience if there are no cell towers then it does not work...

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to think about I live in Nevada and there are a lot of places around here that onstar does not work at all... In my experience if there are no cell towers then it does not work...
Really.... I had no idea... I've only been to NV (Reno) twice love it.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some odd reason I thought Onstar was satellite technology. I know a few years ago, there was a MAJOR storm after I landed at an airport. I attempted to use my phone app to unlock my Tahoe. I called Onstar with the phone and was told satellite connectivity was hampered because of the storm.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I thought so too Until I tried to use it 30 miles outside of cell range.. Maybe they changed it I haven't used mine in a long while now.

Cell phone GPS is about the same too if you are out of range it is just guesstimating your actual location. If you want to test it just turn off your cell GPS when out of range and see if it will start working again.

yesac

Reaction score
You can save maps for offline use in Google Maps. An iPhone is way more powerful and has much better software than any dedicated car GPS...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10