Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L8RH8R

Reaction score
My 99 (OBS) rides like a caddy (not what I want). Anyone try a rear sway bar and or thicker front sway bar to improve handling? I don't want to lower it. It is two wheel drive, four door and has factory spec tires which i know don't help handling. This thing is like a lumbering giant. I just want to improve handling. All shocks are new. Thanks.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Belltech carries bigger for both front and rear OBS.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

and get poly bushings.

dantheman421

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hotchkins makes a front and rear sway bar set. I have heard from a few people that its the best you could buy.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Per Sunlint - go with Belltech. I read a few reports of the H**** snapping at the mounting points for heavy rigs like ours. Belltech uses cold rolled steel, H**** uses a blended metal that has different characteristics...not necessarily better or worse, but for some reason Hotch has had issues with metal fatigue. AND if you have a sway bar snap at high speed in a turn, you could loose control.

A big bang for the buck is simply switching the rubber bushings in your sway bar + end links with polyurethane...the rubber is naturally softer than poly and over time it gets worse. I changed the bushings on mine and noticed the difference.

If you'd like, I have a nice set of Energy poly with about 10k miles on them...pay for shipping and I'm happy to ship them to you. I just bought a set of Belltechs (front & rear sways) and they come with new poly so I won't need them. I'm hoping to install in about two weeks...

Last edited:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 Escahoe 4x4.

I have Belltech front and rear. The front is a direct fit and the rear is retrofitted bc it was from a two door.

Honestly if I had to do it all over again...I would for the rear get a sway from a Burban with poly bushings. Front don't even touch it at all. If anything add poly bushings as you need them.

Best bang for your buck steering/suspension mod was a steering stabilizer.

If I seem vague sorry...ask questions...I will answer and post pics since I did all the work myself with an extra set of hands.

If you do go the belltech route hit up TONY he is the man!

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I installed the Belltech rear sway and took it off...personally I think it's dangerous as it's a hard mount to the body....there's no flex point.

With the Belltech rear installed my rear end became little "hoppy" and with so much torque on the mounting bolts (Belltech designed not to flex) it stripped the factory mounting plate.

As forever mentioned, just upgrade to poly and you'll be really happy (that's my current setup)