99 Escalade Rear end sways in turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coreypate88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1999 Escalade, when I take a turn it feels like the rear is trying to swing out like it has a bad panhard/track bar but it's leaf springs. Rust free AR truck. Stock size Michelin street tires on og rims, suspensions leveled front with the bars, but sway was there before. Any leads?

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack it up and unload the springs. Check for broken pins, cracks, or bad bushings. Also, check tire pressure - low tires can feel that way

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spring perch bushings
spring hanger bushings
broken U-Bolt or bolts
Broken/Loose spring bolts
broken spring
spring pin sheared and sliding on the axle flat
depending on where you live, and condition of the truck, rusted out spring mounts.

Thats about all I can think of.

OP
OP
C

coreypate88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jack it up and unload the springs. Check for broken pins, cracks, or bad bushings. Also, check tire pressure - low tires can feel that way
35 all round, when I mounted them, 45 rear for towing,then back to 35. same as my 02xl. I didn't notice any bad bushings when I had it on the lift, but didn't study it hard. I'll look it over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz