Sway Bar Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daytony

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today I was checking the tires.... both front tires have lumps all around the outer tread. They only been on there for about 6 months so something is wrong, did some investigating and found 1 of my front outer sway bar bolts snapped in half.

With the 1 bolt broken will it cause the wheel to turn outward? I have ordered my set of energy suspension bolts/bushings. This would surely explain why my truck drives like a hay wagon with rope steering and both of my new front tires are pretty much junk now.

Can't wait untill the tahoe shows me something else tomorrow :(

OP
OP
D

Daytony

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The new tires... about 5K.

My old set of tires did this also but they were also recalled for some defects. Its probably been like this for 2 years. When you put the steering wheel straight the passenger side looks fine but the drivers wheen its kicking out at the front quite a bit and thats the side with the broken sway bar end bolt, I just noticed all this today.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that my front sway bar links are junk to. The bushings basically rotted out. Time for some new ones, or maybe a new sway bar.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new tires... about 5K.

My old set of tires did this also but they were also recalled for some defects. Its probably been like this for 2 years. When you put the steering wheel straight the passenger side looks fine but the drivers wheen its kicking out at the front quite a bit and thats the side with the broken sway bar end bolt, I just noticed all this today.

I would say that is not really related to the sway bar. Go get an alignment. Some of the tie rods links might be going bad.

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sway bar has nothing to do with the steering,just controls body roll (weight transfer on turns).As stated above get an alignment.

After you get it lined up just put rotate the tires if they aren't wore to bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziphren

Latest posts