Swapped my clusters today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdixon74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love it! And working tranny gauge? That is awesome! I want one, how much do they usually run? and i have asked also and yes you need to program the new cluster usually before running.

OP
OP
fubar

fubar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it! And working tranny gauge? That is awesome! I want one, how much do they usually run? and i have asked also and yes you need to program the new cluster usually before running.

I didn't and runnin just fine and dandy. Pricewise? Depends. Some folks try to rip u at 200+ even 300+.
As for me? Got mine for 100 bones

Sent with my rooted eVo using Tapatalk.

robrr44

Reaction score
did you program it first?? its not gonna work if you dont

I have been looking at swapping my cluster too but have been hesitant due to the odometer issue. I saw someone on here selling them with a pretty detailed odometer waiver/disclosure. How do you program the new cluster to accurately reflect the mileage?

OP
OP
fubar

fubar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at swapping my cluster too but have been hesitant due to the odometer issue. I saw someone on here selling them with a pretty detailed odometer waiver/disclosure. How do you program the new cluster to accurately reflect the mileage?

Take it to the dealer, they charge like 75 and up. Some even more. My local Chevy dealer wanted 110 lol.. yeaa right

Sent with my rooted eVo using Tapatalk.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this swap, (2006 Suburban) no programming, speedo is right on the money according to the GPS & the trans temp works too. I do want to match up the mileage, its a pain to swap it out when it has to go in for service or warranty work.

OP
OP
fubar

fubar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this swap, (2006 Suburban) no programming, speedo is right on the money according to the GPS & the trans temp works too. I do want to match up the mileage, its a pain to swap it out when it has to go in for service or warranty work.

Am not wasting my ¢¢¢¢ on programming mine.. not like ama sell my 02 anytime soon hahaha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
its weird that the clusted wouldnt automatically display the correct mileage. that info should be saved in the ECU instead of the cluster

sanddperformance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the miles are stored on the cluster not the ecu......... I have a 06 silverado i test all of my escalade clusters in they are plug and play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firsthere