suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali22

Reaction score
So I lowered my car Denali the cheap way and now am unhappy with the ride quality. I used lowering springs and shocks from eibach and changed the torsion keys. So I think im just going to put the old rear springs back and buy new shocks so is there any way I can keep it lowered but return it to the comfort of the stock suspension or should I just return it back to the stock ride height?

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search and develop your own conclusion. I am running Bilstein shocks and Belltech 5305. Some people like Belltech shocks and DJM coils. I did lower a Tahoe 2-3 with Springtech coils decranked the torsion bars and ran Dotech Tech shocks. It was awesome

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I lowered my car Denali the cheap way and now am unhappy with the ride quality. I used lowering springs and shocks from eibach and changed the torsion keys. So I think im just going to put the old rear springs back and buy new shocks so is there any way I can keep it lowered but return it to the comfort of the stock suspension or should I just return it back to the stock ride height?

How low on the rear springs did you go?
Did you use stock keys?
Do you have shock extenders?

B

OP
OP
D

Denali22

Reaction score
i went with 2/3 drop and didnt not use the stock keys and i dnt think i have shock extenders bc every time i hit something in the rear my whole car shakes real bad

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To say these trucks are without issue once lowered would be a lie. However with only a 3" drop you should have been fine. I did shock extenders on that Tahoe and it was nice. Plus the springs I used were very cheap eBay garbage. I think there might have been another issue.

OP
OP
D

Denali22

Reaction score
what could the problem be then b.c when i looked at the springs they were pretty much fully compressed and it seems like any bump it just bottoms out any ideas?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
3/5 djm kit with trailblazer 4 inch rear drop springs will ride killer. Just ask chevy89 here and matt14 they are just a few of my customers that will agree the djm kit i set up with the trailblazer rear springs rides great.

andrewmoore13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
norcal i might get in touch with you when i get some money together to drop my 02 Denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo

Latest posts