Super Bright LED issue??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KatGV

Reaction score
I have replaced all my Interior with SB LED's Except (my question) Anybody have a problem with the Map Lights?? They a really bright when the doors open but when you push the map button they get dimmer? How do you fix this issue, it seems like it should be brighter with the button and dimmer with the door open? Does the same thing in my Hubbies 03 Silverado also? Help
p.s. this might have been addressed in the LED conversion posts but I didn't want to look through all 20 pages of posts

p.s.I posted in the LED conversion thread but got no help or answers I cant believe that I am the ONLY one with this problem??

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't have any issues with the LEDs in my map lights. I'd email super bright LEDs and see if you got some odd bulbs.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which LEDs did you get? If you put them in the opposite way, does it still do that? What about if you take ALL of them out except for one, will it still do that?

Crapo85

Reaction score
I got mine off eBay I just turn dome light on if needs to see not big deal for the 4.99 I paid for all interior lights

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to not blind you while driving. Take it as a bonus feature and let it be. Just use the dome switch when you need more light.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like mentioned, get Canbus style LED's for all lights that have their own switch to turn them on in addition to when you open the doors! My truck had that problem when switching to LED's and the canbus style solved it completely.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is what I got https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-gauge/194-led-bulb-6-led-wedge-base/200/882/ I also called SB LED and they said that the lights are not directional and that " it must be a voltage issue in the Tahoe" I don't really think its that as the OEM lights did not have a problem with the brightness and my hubby's Silverado does the same thing.

I'd say just buy yourself one of these pairs of Canbus style 194's for your map lights and see if they solve your problem at all, the most you would be out of is $3.48 if they don't work for you! I'm running these in my map lights as well as many of the other lighting in our denali and they are pretty bright!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Canbus-T...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8a2ea137&vxp=mtr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93