Sunroof problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoMafia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2005 Tahoe Z71 and I'm having sunroof issue as it is leaking when it rains. Right now here in Nor Cal there is a massive storm coming through the area and I had to cover it with a tarp for the next few days cause it can't be garaged due to the FTS lift kit and tires.

So I have not been able to find a replacement gasket/seal for around the glass. I was told I had to replace the entire glass just for a new seal. Is this true?

I'm not even completely 100% sure it's the seal that has failed. It seems that the water is over flowing the catch tray.

The drip lines are clear I have cleaned them out already.

The water likes to drain from the over head control for the rear climate and garage door button, but has also drained out from the corners of the headliner.

The water leak has already ruined the stereo and now it needs to be replaced at this point.

Any help and/or recommendation on were to go from here or what to check would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you taken it a decent glass repair shop? or only to the dealer?, I used to have a 79 trans am with T-tops that leaked pretty bad, the seals were stupid expensive at the time so I used a rtv silicone that stayed soft (they make both kinds one that hardens and one that remains soft) and I filled in all the cracks and walla no more leaks.
but anyway some glass shops are pretty crafty at fixing leaks or may have a solution. just a suggestion.

OP
OP
BroncoMafia

BroncoMafia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
have you taken it a decent glass repair shop? or only to the dealer?, I used to have a 79 trans am with T-tops that leaked pretty bad, the seals were stupid expensive at the time so I used a rtv silicone that stayed soft (they make both kinds one that hardens and one that remains soft) and I filled in all the cracks and walla no more leaks.
but anyway some glass shops are pretty crafty at fixing leaks or may have a solution. just a suggestion.
I haven't taken it to anybody yet. Just trying to fix it myself if I can.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts