Suede door panel accents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
is 77 stronger then 90? I have several cans of spray 90
90 is higher temp resistant than 77

not overspray, i was asking that if you hate the way it came out and wanted to go back to normal could you just clean the glue off and be done

92-didnt you spraypaint your speaker grill cover too?
I'm sure you'll be happy with it.. I now look at old videos and pictures of my hoe and wonder why I didn't do the suede faster it looks very nice :imo:

I honestly wouldn't try to take it off and clean the glue off but IF you really wanted to I'm sure it could be done since the glue is going over vinyl. I would try and use 3M spray adhesive remover same stuff I used for my side moldings and emblems.

I use 90 high temp because im in CA, 77 peels off when it gets hot
if the surface underneath is prepped properly 77 will do its job in the heat. I still would NEVER trust it on a headliner but for a door 77 will work I'm in CA as well

Bailey-Hoe here you go
http://www.customspeakerpods.com/00-06-Full-Size-Trucks_c44.htm

IIRC a picture of his door pods are even on that website!

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bailey-Hoe here you go
http://www.customspeakerpods.com/00-06-Full-Size-Trucks_c44.htm

IIRC a picture of his door pods are even on that website!

Yup that's me, he decided to use the pic because when I first emailed him he only had pods for 2way components. After going back and forth for a few minutes he actually made them after I told him specifically what speakers I had (the same day).
Since I brought them I notice the website has alot of updates, now he even color matches them and it says that the newer ones fit better...Damn! I guess that's the price I had to pay for having a one of a kind set.

NJ-HOE,
Sorry to hijack the thread but what are those pods and where did you acquire them?

Searching as we speak...
BB

92 nailed it

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
92 - you also painted your speaker grill cover didnt you? wonder of gloss or flat black would look better for that

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did gloss on my speaker grills...cuz that's all i had, but I think it looks good....i did a couple other pieces in the vehicle also, and those I think would look better flat black....it's not bad, i got used to it, but still think flat woulda been better.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i was leaning toward flat. maybe ill play around with the suede this weekend. found a 40% off coupon for joann =)

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
onlone. i googled "joann printable coupon" and found this one. it expires 01/09 so i guess ill be getting the suede this weekend.

its for 40% off any single item. they said 1 cut of fabric is 1 item so ill get 2 yards so that should equal 1 item

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
yeah online is your best bet unless you go through the ads in the newspaper like my grandma does haha!

yeah I did paint my grill, I used flat black but I want to see what glossy black looks like I need to repaint the back doors because too many people kicked them and scratched some of the paint off.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you got your PB account fixed yet? i wanna see more pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84