Suede door panel accents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Volant1 View Post
Man 25 bucks for 2 yards is pretty cheap the fake stuff is 27 pr yard where im at
I think its fake suede its really nice stuff.. I used a different kind for my center console that I bought online and the stuff at joanns is way nicer has a thicker backing and the suede feels real!

I prefer the fake stuff.. my dude who owns the shop laid down some really good reasons to use it. .and im sold...

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got mine at joann's too, god and this lady comes in demanding to know who's blue car is outside with the dog inside in a 110 degree weather, for like 5 minutes, practically accusing everyone and making a scene, i told her, lady there are about 10 other stores in this plaza, that person could be in any of those.....turned out the lady with the blue car WAS in joann's, just didn't say anything....and then i had to listen to all the other old ****** ladies going on about stuff, but i guess it was worth it, only place I could find with suede

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
brndn, if you can find those links of the how to that'd be great.

did you guys take the door panels off to do this?

92 - i couldnt really see the tool you used, the pic is too far away. got a link for that tool or a close up pic?

will this glue spray wash off if you dont like it?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141110
there ya go...

on my door I left it on to do the top part, for the carpet I took it off and masked everything off..

second time I did it on my buddies left the door panel on but still masked off the rest of the door of course..
img8020p.jpg

theres his turned out WAY better than mine but then again I had practice

what do you mean?
over spray? or if you decide you don't like it once its dry and want it off?

over spray just use some paint thinner and rub it off doesn't take much if its wet still

didn't have a picture when I posted so I just took one lol
img8484.jpg

still have no clue what its called but try calling that number see if they have one its definitely one of those tools I'm glad I had around

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
your better off to look for your suede at a local upholstery shop or a big comercial febric store. The Suede you need is actually made with a UV protectant. The UV protectant will keep the color of the suede stable in sunlight. I pick up my suede for anywhere between $5-$40 a yard depending on the quality that you seek.picture.jpg

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
not overspray, i was asking that if you hate the way it came out and wanted to go back to normal could you just clean the glue off and be done

92-didnt you spraypaint your speaker grill cover too?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea i used 90 on a few sub box builds ive done... never had any problems but sub boxes are a little different then door panels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84