Sub enclosure Ideas ?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sealed is more sq. Ported will get louder. Lots of things to consider. To get the best out of your subs Its more complicated than just picking a ported box off ebay.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
So for now I will be going with this set up in the near future and for right at 200 bones I think its pretty good deal 250 Max Watts @ 250 RMS I think will sound good for these Hoes.

1003-thickbox_default.jpg

QPower Box

the box measures 12" high so I'm going to cut some feet to match the curve on the floor behind the 3rd row seat paint them and mount to the sides and make it a down fire. I'll also make it to where I can remove it when needed but idt I will ever really neeed to, but just in case. This box along with the amp are right at the specs for this sub.

P1S4-10_1_m.png

P1 10" 250 RMS @ 2 ohms

R250X1_1_m.png

Prime 250 watt Mono Block Amp 2 ohms @ 250 RMS

This is an entry level system and like I said pretty cheap but you cant beat the components, Rockford is one of the best manufactures IMO.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The prime stuff is ok. I know my local Walmart sells them. If you don't want a lot of bass and can't spent more money it will work just fine. Personally I like the Punch series more

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
The prime stuff is ok. I know my local Walmart sells them. If you don't want a lot of bass and can't spent more money it will work just fine. Personally I like the Punch series more

Prime and punch are both rockfords lower end... The power series is their bigger stuff. But Rockford all together in beginner stuff, nothing wrong with it. But sundown audio, Crescendo audio, DC audio, crossfire audio, ampere audio, INcriminator audio Etc.... Are the big top brands if you want top of the line equipment

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
That's getting into competition stuff and most people don't even know how to wire that kind of stuff let alone put together a compatible system. There is a reason that Rockford is used by the dealers for factory set ups. They are cheap and mass produced so they are readily available when needed and they are also tested and proven to be good products. Hell pioneer build most of the decks for the dealers. Alpine does a deck for the GM models I have seen and people pay good money for them.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true but what I've experienced, the punch line is way better than the prime crap. Virtually all audio equipment is made in the same sweatshops overseas with few exceptions.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
HA child labor at its best, one day we may rid the world of it. It hard to find anything that's made in the US tho for a good price. Most of the time its always more expensive. I'm all for supporting local business and will always be willing to pay some extra cash depending on the product, but I have paid an extra 100$ just bc I had good dealings with a shop and they always treated me good. Plus idk how many times they had saved me money in the past. Some things tho its hard to find a good product with good reputation. I know there is a lot of pro shops that make good audio stuff but they are not cheap by any means.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup exactly. I love to sell JL Audio in my shop because I've met just about everyone behind them but my local area can't support much in the way of sales when you can get decent Chinese crap for 1/8 the cost

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 12 inch JLW3s run parallel with a 500 watt alpine amp. My brother has 2 Rockford punch 12s with the same amp ran parallel as well in his Tahoe and they both sound great, I had 2 primes in my old dodge truck and I have to say they weren't that good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chazbeaux