stupid volant intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
bought a volant CAI for my truck the other day. what a mess. heres a couple pics and videos..

Red arrow- Had to use factory bolt and wing nut bcuz volants didnt fit. volants bolt wasnt the correct shape to be screwd into the throttle body and into the top of the intake tube (wouldnt happen)

Orange arrow- not even sure if im supposed to use this factory ring or not. Volants rubber/foam gasket thats supposed to sit on the throttle body didnt fit

Blue arrow- The tube like isnt long enough for me to hose clamp the filter to the tube and for it to stay.. it needs to be like an inch longer..

the filter is way to big for that small box that gave me. stupid design
also lost that engine light with the cord to it with this big volant box(didnt care much tho)
The factory air box holes into the wheel well didnt work for volants, will have to drill new holes.

Im not sure what im going to do from here.. anyone want to buy to see if it fits on theirs?? im kinda stuck.. thought it would be better then my air filter now.. (look at pic) lol

this video is just a mock. nothings like really bolted down since my "problems" i have ran into..

th_MVI_0538.gif

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i didnt know we had one???

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

oh and where the box goes into the fender on the first pic. look right at the top edge.. theres a 1/2inch gap right there that i cant get to go away either..

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, he is a member. He has said if you have a problem get in touch with him and he will work it out for you.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
do you know his name?? lol....

Oh mister Volant member man on this website site. come out come out where ever you are.. lol.. just keep bumping this thread and he should come out..

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
Just ask him see if he can help if you dont ask you dont know. Whatever you do get it right you have a great looking truck and have spent a lot of time on it way too much to have a kit like that on there.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
drop him a pm, that may also notify him by e-mail. I thought at one point he posted his number at work too.

From his introduction post: he offered to help another member here. I would simply tell him how you know of him and I bet he will hook you up. 909 476 7225 just ask for Daniel

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16