sts turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HokieHigh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an opportunity to pick up a turbo with everything needed for install brand new. I was just looking for some feedback on whether to get this sts turbo system or do a supercharger? What do you guys think

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question, personally I would go with what priced best. I would love a STS on my VortecMax. A TVS 1900 sc goes for about 5000 or you can find them on ebay for 3000 sometimes.

OP
OP
H

HokieHigh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can get the whole sts kit for 3000 but i really dont know which would be best

thor1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sts is way better.. i built my own copy of the sts kit .. was pretty simple.. but your motor will last longer and get a little better mpg.. a supercharger is like driving around with your a/c on full blast all the time , meaning the motor is constantly working hard...but the benefit is the power is instant all the time..

with a sts or any other turbo system the motor only works hard when needed.. but a turbo only actually works when the motor is working hard and the turbo kicks in to relieve some of that stress. kinda hard to explain haha.. only draw back is there is a slight delay in power right off the bat(turbo lag) but there is stuff out there to reduce that to almost nothing and different add ons etc... hope this helps.. i love my sts turbo copy i built... best thing i ever did... i run it at around 3-4 psi around town/towing.. then when its time to race turn it up to about 10-12 psi... either way it is fast ass hell and sounds insane when the turbo is boosting up.. like a jumbo jet is flying next me ..lol. everyone turns there heads and is like WTF is that .. and for 3000 you cant beat it seriously.. DO IT! you wont regret it..

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.....and for 3000 you cant beat it seriously.. DO IT! you wont regret it..

+1 to this..

Plus lets be honest how often are you gonna "launch" your SUV? i mean.. if youre putting a roots blower or a bad ass SC is sick.. and will give you a harder takeoff... but then paying for the SC and install and tune.. is just the beginning of your project.. then you need a WAY beefier tranny , or at least a bad ass guts kit , and a rearend..

A turbo on the other hand.. as long as you use it more for 30mph and up stuff.. will work pretty well even on a bone stock truck.. and if tuned to do so will smoke the performance of the SC/Blower as long as youre not Launching it from a standstill

Plus.. Blower/SC sounds SICK.. but so does a gross nasty BOV sounding like a pissed off snake when that big ass SUV is spooling up l

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayebarberr