STOCK LOCATION SUBWOOFER SET UPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck.

I had the unloaded one in my wish list on amazon for a couple years (since I first saw this thread, actually). They eventually went to Currently Unavailable status and that's never been changed. Looking on ebay, sonicelectronix, etc has turned up nothing.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. I hate it when something custom for our trucks goes out of production. I have the Thunderform in my 02 Denali and it works great. It's a complicated shape so it will be hard to duplicate.

motorheadTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thunderform : I have seen several on Craigslist after I bought mine. I added one to Yukon without bose and it totally rocks. Might be because of the 500 W amp!
Enclosure fit 2004 Yukon perfectly. For some reason Crutchfield catalog says this fits 2001 - 2006 Tahoe but only 2001 and 2002 Yukon. I called manufacturer and they said it would fit 2004 Yukon and it did. It is roughly 6 times as large as the factory square box for the factory 8 inch sub. This enclosure takes a 10 inch low depth subwoofwer. I mounted it with a Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-10 Punch P3S 10-Inch 2-Ohm DVC Shallow Subwoofer and powered it with a Alpine MRV-M500 Mono V-Power Digital Amplifier and it was a perfect fit. Never had to use spacers or have any interference issues when sub hits... Instructions said to use shallow mount sub

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
Thunderform : I have seen several on Craigslist after I bought mine. I added one to Yukon without bose and it totally rocks. Might be because of the 500 W amp!
Enclosure fit 2004 Yukon perfectly. For some reason Crutchfield catalog says this fits 2001 - 2006 Tahoe but only 2001 and 2002 Yukon. I called manufacturer and they said it would fit 2004 Yukon and it did. It is roughly 6 times as large as the factory square box for the factory 8 inch sub. This enclosure takes a 10 inch low depth subwoofwer. I mounted it with a Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-10 Punch P3S 10-Inch 2-Ohm DVC Shallow Subwoofer and powered it with a Alpine MRV-M500 Mono V-Power Digital Amplifier and it was a perfect fit. Never had to use spacers or have any interference issues when sub hits... Instructions said to use shallow mount sub

Niiiiiiice..
Since the rockford you put in is 3.50" deep, how much more room was in there as for mounting dept ya think?

Dan O

Freefallin02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my blown 8" stock woofer in my '02 Tahoe. Plan is to run a Kenwood Excelon Single Din, Kicker 8" shallow mount and an old Exile mono block amp I have laying around. How am I supposed to bypass the stock amp and where is it located? There are a million options on Crutchfield for dash kits. Anyone know which one I should use? Do I have to cut a metal support behind the stock HU to get the Kenwood to fit?

chrmbly

Reaction score
I didn't have to cut the metal support for my sony DD XAV-AX5000, but it wasn't a full block double din - only the top half reached back into the well. I have an '05 with Bose, so I only have the 6.5 sub in the console. On mine, the amp is located in the same location and can be reached by removing the glove box under the armrest and the cubby for cup holders / junk in the console. You can find wiring diagrams online (I got mine from crutchfield and again I have the Bose system) - I just ran a 8 wire quickwire from the new amp to the old amp, cut the connections coming out of the stock amp and then wired the quickwire into the stock wiring.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
JL has ones that fit inside the center console

Pricey SOBs though

As far as a quarter panel mounted enclosure, it wouldn't be difficult to fabricate one yourself from some 1/2 or 1/4 MDF and fiberglass. Particularly since it's hidden with appearance being of little concern

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOD LUCK.. The only thing I have seen that is not a custom setup in that location is the MTX thunderform. As others said though they are difficult to find. MFR# CTYE01BK10U

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/custom-box-replace-factory-location.20475/
Here is one thread with ideas. At this point, you should probably be looking for someone to build you a custom box if you are set on that location. There was a member on here who made his own. I don't recall his name, but the one who used multiple pieces side by side over the curved wheel well, (maybe someone else knows his name). He did say in an old post that he would make them for IIRC $300 if someone was interested. I don't think he has been on in a while, but you will have to search.

Not sure what year you have, but didn't the 01-02 have a factory 8" in there? Why not just use that one?

JL has ones that fit inside the center console
Pricey SOBs though

As far as a quarter panel mounted enclosure, it wouldn't be difficult to fabricate one yourself from some 1/2 or 1/4 MDF and fiberglass. Particularly since it's hidden with appearance being of little concern

Crutchfield has that JL center console enclosure in stock for $600.

There are quite a few options for under the 2nd row seat. There are quite a few that have dual setups. For a single sub to just use one side, I only know of the Q logic one that is a custom fit fiberglass for a single 10" and Supercrewsound has a single 8" second row seat for about $150.

Its too bad, they don't make one like this for the NBS
https://www.qlogicenclosures.com/co...res/products/q-logic-q-customs-ql-c1syt110d-p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack