Stock Keyless Entry Failing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joltman

Reaction score
I was having issues unlocking my doors recently. I bought new batteries for both of my FOBs. Even after putting new batteries in, both FOBs are still having issues un/locking the doors. Even from directly behind the truck. I don't know if there's a loose antenna or what. Does anyone have any suggestions? This does seem to have started after I put in LED lights inside the truck. I doubt there's any connection, but it is one thing that has changed recently. That and the 2.1A car charger for my Nexus 7 tablet. Thanks!

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
Sometimes the lil wires in the key fob get broken.... A quick stop by a GM store parts department should be able to test that. (They have a testing machine)

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are working intermittently, and sometimes work better when pressing the button with more force than normal then I would check the solder joints where the battery terminal mounts to the circuit board inside the key fob. I've had to fix several key fobs that had this issue.

OP
OP
joltman

joltman

Reaction score
If they are working intermittently, and sometimes work better when pressing the button with more force than normal then I would check the solder joints where the battery terminal mounts to the circuit board inside the key fob. I've had to fix several key fobs that had this issue.

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
joltman

joltman

Reaction score

I took both FOBs apart. One had more solder on the "main" battery connection than the other. However, both FOBs had 3 strong battery solder joints. None of them wiggled or flexed when I applied pressure. That being said, I should probably rule the FOBs out, so I'll try and take them to a dealership to see if they function correctly.

khollenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you also may try taking a pencil erase and cleaning the circuit boards carefully.they sometimes are dirty and wont send properly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts