Stock Hangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99cleanhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any stock front leaf spring hangers or where I can get a set? You know, the ones you have to drill out that are riveted into the frame stock? I need a set to go back on my '99 4dr Tahoe 2wd. Any help appreciated, thanks!!

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, they are so hard to find. I used to work for the city up north and had very reputable parts source, they are very rare for some reason. They are also very expensive. You might have some luck going to a pick-n-pull/junk yard.

Random question. Did you drill our your stock ones?
Did you drill our your frame to?

OP
OP

99cleanhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I drilled out my stock hangers and they were in good shape. In our last move, I think they got tossed. That sucks! Anyway, I think I found a pair on lmctruck.com but was trying to save some $$ and see if anyone had a pair they wanted to let go cheap. Thanks for the reply.

chaser0517

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find someone that maybe has a cordless grinder or something and go out to a salvage yard and grab some. They couldn't want but like 20 bucks tops for them...

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking after I did my drop I found a couple of sets or random single ones. They were freakin expensive. I dont understand why.
Definately go through a pick-n-pull before you drop the coin on new ones.

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i dont know if they are the same but a guy on fullsizechevy is selling stock hangers and shackles from an OBS RCSB stepside, he just posted them in the for sale section

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think pickup hangers are different than Tahoe hangers.

Low97,
Lookin good man. What wheels are they and what size?

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeh i think the hangers are different

thanks, the wheels are MB Express 5...255/55/18...but, i am considering 255/45/20 (havent decided on a wheel yet but it will be a basic plain 5 spoke, maybe black spokes chrome lip, idk yet)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
epdriver