Steering Wheel Control Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjrmather

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Steering Wheel Control Lights - Finally Fixed...........

The steering wheel control lights do not work. I am talking about all the lights not just a bulb or two. All the controls function fine they are just not back lit. I need to know if this is the BCM (body control module) and if so do I need a new one or can I have it reprogrammed at the dealership.

Thanks,
Rob

I found the answer. There is a 2 amp fuse located under the dash. This fuse is inline and cannot be replaced. If you follow the link below it gives a detailed description and pictures as to where the fuse is. I went to Radio Shack and got a blade type fuse holder, cut the old one out, soldered in the new one. It works great and with a fuse holder if it goes out again I can replace the fuse easily. Here is the link,

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/h...14764-fuse-steering-wheel-control-lights.html

Hope this works for you.

Rob Mather

Last edited:

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steering wheel control lights do not work. I am talking about all the lights not just a bulb or two. All the controls function fine they are just not back lit. I need to know if this is the BCM (body control module) and if so do I need a new one or can I have it reprogrammed at the dealership.

Thanks,
Rob

the bulbs have burnt out. can either try to replace them or buy new switches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jjrmather

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think it is the bulbs. I had one burn out and I replaced the switch. I then had another one go out and I replaced it but noticed that all my lights were out. Removing the new one (thinking it shorted) did not fix the problem. It would be strange to have all the control bulbs burn out at the same time.

Thanks,
Rob

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't think that the bcm controls any lights.

kms_dude

Reaction score
if its the steering wheel controls for the radio is probably the bulbs. ive replaced mine twice already. you can take a solder gun and change the bulbs ive done it

OP
OP
J

jjrmather

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I realize how to repair the bulbs and how to replace the switches. My issue is that ALL, every single switch/control light is out. Not just the radio ones but the info center ones also. I need to know where the power to the steering wheel lights comes from.

Thanks,
Rob

moquin2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rob, how do you replace the switch. The burndt out bulb is the lower left on the wheel. I have the switch.

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork