Started cleaning sludged engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jon Chimpo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going with no. You ever seen an engine tore down that was neglected, especially with oil changes never or rarely done? The bearings end up with all kinds of crap imbedded into the shells. Mains, Cam and Rod bearings all are trashed. Ive seen rod bearings where the top layer was missing in patches because of crap in the oil.

this could turn out to be a half a million mile engine. should we start a betting pool on how long it will last? winner buys me a motor.

Tacky

Reaction score
When you get this running, keep a close eye on your coolant. A lot of the time when you have heavy sludge it s because coolant s getting into the oil.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't gotten back to the fuel filter. I've had good luck saturating my nuts with water and letting them sit for 10 minutes to reactivate the rust.. then hit each nut with a punch tool and they'll break free. Repeat the process until you throw up.. but seriously water works better then the penetrating oils in these circumstances. If you've already dressed with a PO hit it with de-greaser first remove the oil and then apply the water.

OP
OP
J

Jon Chimpo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't gotten back to the fuel filter. I've had good luck saturating my nuts with water and letting them sit for 10 minutes to reactivate the rust.. then hit each nut with a punch tool and they'll break free. Repeat the process until you throw up.. but seriously water works better then the penetrating oils in these circumstances. If you've already dressed with a PO hit it with de-greaser first remove the oil and then apply the water.[/QUOTE

Really? I put this on the back burner for now. I'll give it a shot, as with everything else with this Tahoe, i have nothing to loose but my time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts