SS tahoe................

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeface

Reaction score
I have been lookin for a cowl hood or any aftermarket "scoop" hood, as I am broke I am always keepin an eye out for local bargins. my factory hood is gravel beat to hell as the cold snowy winters here come with lots of gravel thrown down for traction...........they use way less salt here and tons more gravel.
so as i said being as it was already beat to hell.................and a aftermarket hood is to expensive, and a stick on hood scoop seemed to cheesey, so i decided on hood stripes like the old SS chevelle or similar type of stripes. being as my friend does graphics, stripes, 3m paint protection film for a living the black vinyl was donated free by him.

So I pre cut the general shape of the vinyl, and them put it down on the hood with a "wet " application technique.

picture.jpg

then once applied I cut the stripes right on the hood. this is a very hard technique to do...............and i cut my hood to HELL !! but in the end it looks pretty decent. good thing is if you get tired of the look..........peel it off.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

peace

Last edited:

Gjovik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like what you've done here. I was thinking of doing something like this with mine, as I have a section of paint that has chipped off. I did a quick plasti-dip stripe, but it came out looking so bad that I pulled it off the very same night. I'm thinking of just spraying the entire hood so it will have that flat-black hooded, snow plow truck look. I just need to repaint the rest of the thing blaze orange.

I've still been looking for a reasonably priced aftermarket hood, but no luck yet. 442 style hood, anyone? Good luck with your search, let me know if you come up with any leads.

Also, it still hurts to look at how clean that Tahoe is.....

OP
OP
dudeface

dudeface

Reaction score
Also, it still hurts to look at how clean that Tahoe is.....

o thanks man but most of the credit gotta go to the previous goverment owners. i have had it almost 3 years now and i see the rust starting to show through on the very ends of the sheet metal under there. I just hit it with some rust stop every 6 months or so and hope it doesnt start to really show for a few years more.......................peace

picture.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dudeface

dudeface

Reaction score

yes thanks............and sometimes shes a dirty white hoe................

peace

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

I've still been looking for a reasonably priced aftermarket hood, but no luck yet. 442 style hood, anyone?

its funny you mention 442 style hoods...................my main material obsession is the car you would have ordered in 1985 when you want to get a 85 442...................mine just never got the w-40 option (dammit). I call mine a "441"

peace

picture.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879