Sqeaking skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnicks01

Reaction score
07 tahoe z71. The factory skid plate squeaks whenever I hit any kind of bump in the road. The thing just clips in the the bumper. Has anyone had this issue and is there something I can do to stop the issue. Maybe applying some kind of spacers or even just applying some kind of lubricant?

Thanks!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Is there any way to get a rubber washer in there? How does it clip to the bumper?

dmargaros

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Z71 "skid plate" area squeak

Same issue here....I've pushed on the untire front bumper area to see what's squeaking....to me it sounds like styrofoam rubbing. I did try to get underneath and behind the bumper cover area and sprayed some silicone lubricant in the hopes that it would tame the mouse squeak. Seems to be better.

OP
OP
jnicks01

jnicks01

Reaction score
It just clips into the bumper. Plastic on plastic contact. My guess was to just shove some good quality spacers in there and see what happens. I'll give a little lub a try too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881