Spiders - P0107

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king_yukon

Reaction score
I recently pulled the spiders out of my truck and put in the mpfi conversion. Not too hard to do by myself. From the time I opened the hood to the time I closed it was roughly 4 hours. It was pretty dirty under there so I gave everything a really good cleaning.

After all was said and done I took it for a spin, it seemed to be running great. I go out later start it up and get a P0107 - MAP sensor code. Never had this pop up at all before. Im certain I checked everything and Although it was a little dark Im sure everything was connected.

So I cleared the code and went on my way. Again the next morning start it up and same code. What the hell I think. Pop the hood again and start taking things off to get to the MAP sensor, and sure enough I forgot to plug it in. Let this a lesson, when you've worked 12hrs and decide to change your spiders, make sure you connect everything! HAHA

I read in another thread that some people hear like a air noise inside the truck near the bottom of the dash, I too can hear this noise but all is running good, no leaks. It just seems to be a common noise that comes along with the MPFI spider.

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpg
    IMG_1836.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1843.jpg
    IMG_1843.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 36

Dalton916

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did mine this afternoon. 2 hrs total and she runs like a dream now. Your old one looks new compared to what I pulled out, but then again I HAD to change mine it was so bad. Plus, I only had 1 piece of extra hardware when I was done, lol (one nut, but everything is bolted down so maybe I just did a more efficient job than Chevy did :D). Got new Plugs as well, but didn't put them in.....maybe tomorrow.

$225 from Amazon for the Delphi inectors.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

IMG-20120303-00028.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the nuts hold down accessories to the top of intake system so you might want to look around. Is the a black or grey nut or big or small?

OP
OP
king_yukon

king_yukon

Reaction score
Psfr311 - total cost including new gaskets I bought and some other items was just over 300

Sunlit - I've read other post on here about the spider conversion. It's not air leaking just sounds almost like the fan is on when it's not. I've been told its the new conversion just sucking the gas.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I would say yes without having it in my hand.

there is a grey nut that hold the engine electronics ground terminals to the rearmost stud on thermostat housing. it is supposed to be a bolt with a nut molded in midway which makes the top half a stud then wire terminals and a nut on top of that.

get a pic of the nut if you can to get more details on where it goes.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Sunlit - I've read other post on here about the spider conversion. It's not air leaking just sounds almost like the fan is on when it's not. I've been told its the new conversion just sucking the gas.

Never heard of this you got links to this info. You did put the oval orings on the fuel body right?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE